Badmath aka. Blaise Lacktis
I’m Badmath. I write and record the music at OSnap Games and handle the social media creation side of things. Music has been very important to me as I come from a very musical family, one where the average holiday gathering ends up turning into a jam session
My career in music started the same as most musicians, playing in garages and small gigs trying to learn the trade. I recorded multiple full length albums as a studio-guitarist and ended up being a touring guitarist for a solo project. After awhile, I took a break from the professional music scene, I decided to write and record my music from then on and in 2010 co-founded/co-hosted a weekly airing family-friendly podcast. I used my year-long position hosting this podcast as an opportunity to learn more about the recording and technical side of a studio. I hope to use my knowledge and experience to create the soundtrack to plenty of epic gaming moments.
Games have always been a big part of my life. Being a kid with parents that traveled the country singing city-to-city, video games became my favourite past-time. Even after growing up and traveling myself, video games gave me an avenue to hang out with friends no matter where I was.
Name 5 of your favourite games:
- The Portal series. Hands down my favourite series, everything from the story, puzzles, to the soundtrack. I love that series.
- Goldeneye 007 for the N64. Many, many hours spent running around the Facility. Great game!
- Command and Conquer: Red Alert. I suck at RTS games, the creativity of the units for the time it was released and that absolutely amazing soundtrack keeps it on my list.
- Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict. Many nights spent with friends and absolutely crushing them in this game… I can’t hate a game I’m really good at… Right?
- The Bioshock series. I love everything about the entire series. Except maybe how powerful I felt in the second one. Felt almost too easy, but then again being god-like is fun too.
Is there a specific moment or reason that lead you to wanting to build games?
Who is your favourite game character and why?
What is your favourite weapon from any video game?
Favourite or most epic moment in your gaming history?